Date : 27-28 July 2017
Time : 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
Venue : Bilik Kuliah 1, Level 15, Menara Razak, UTM Kuala Lumpur
This workshop is a hands-on guide to designing and building mobile applications using Google’s Android opensource platform. The course explains what Android is, the Android SDK, all essential features, as well as the advanced capabilities and APIs such as background services and notifications. This complete hands-on workshop encourages participants to learn by building a real-life working application, which can serve as a basis for their future Android projects. The workshop breaks down the processes of becoming an Android developer, from getting started with the tools and the language to building user interfaces to work with the unique features of the Android. With multiple hands-on exercises and demonstration projects, we will explore the core development tools for Android (Android Studio and Layout Editor), the language (Java), and the framework. By the end of the course, each participant will have a complete functional Android application incorporating most of the key features of the platform.
This course covers from beginner to Intermediate level. Some of the topics that will be covered in this workshop:
• Setting up the Android Development Environment & Getting to know the IDE, AVD and SDK
• Android Components and Architecture & Creating Your First Android App
• Responding to User Input Events & Writing Java event handlers
• Fundamental Android Programming, Programming Android UI and Layouts
• Handling multiple screen resolutions & Using Intents
• Launching Activities with Intents Integration with Database & JSON and Parsing
• Submission to the Google PlayStore
1. Ir. Dr. Nordin Ramli
2. Mr. Muhammad Nurdin b. Norazan
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Build your own applications for Android mobile phones.
• Understand how Android applications work, Android application components, manifest and Intent
• Design Android applications with compelling user interfaces by using and creating your own layouts using external resources.
• Use Android Web APIs for assessing Web Services such as Twitter etc. in background services
• Take advantage of Android APIs for data storage and retrieval via user preferences, files and local databases.
• Utilize the powerful Android API on maps, speech, medias and hardware to build complex applications.
• Debug, test and deploy your own applications on Google Play Store.
Please bring your own laptop and charger.
Certificate will be provided.
• RM500 (Student)
• RM550 (Professional)
(Fee is inclusive of course materials, tea break and lunch)
All payment should be made payable to the following account:
Bank Account Name: Bendahari UTM
Bank Name: CIMB Bank
Bank Address: CIMB UTM Branch, 81310 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia.
Account Number: 8006053536
Please email proof of payment to email@example.com before 21st July 2017.
IR DR. NORDIN RAMLI, Principle Consultant
NORDIN BIN RAMLI is the Principle Consultant at Adroit Solution Sdn Bhd. He received B.Eng degree in electrical engineering from Keio University, Japan in 1999.
He received the M.Eng and Ph.D degrees, both in electronic engineering from The University of Electro-Communications, Japan in 2005 and 2008, respectively. Over the past few years, he has conducted research and development (R&D) in the area of cognitive radio, TV white space, space-time processing, equalization, adaptive array system and wireless mesh networking. Based on his work, he has published over 80 journals and conference papers, and filed more than 30 patents related to wireless communications which are pending at World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO). He also serves as Chairman of White Space Working Group, a technical working group under Malaysia Technical Standard Forum Berhad (MTSFB) from 2013 until now, to study on the Confidential 4 availability of white space communication in Malaysia. In his previous company, he has conducted a series of training program to more than 2,000 staffs on the topics related to telecommunications engineering. The training includes, radio wireless communications, GSM Technology, CDMA Technology, SDH Principles and Planning, Wireless networking, and more courses related to telecommunications. He is a registered professional engineer under Board of Engineer, Malaysia. MR. MUHAMMAD NURDIN B. NORAZAN (Partner Consultant) Mohammad Nurdin bin Norazan is the partner Consultant of Adroid Solution Sdn Bhd.
He is best known for his superior technical proficiency in software engineering gained from plying his trade in the IT industry throughout more than six years. After developing and releasing numerous mobile apps for his clients, Nurdin started his entrepreneurial journey by founding his own A.I. company, which is Intellij. Nothing drives him more than his passion for Artificial Intelligence and his belief that one day Super Artificial Intelligence will assist humanity with solving real world problems.